Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Jessica Beecham Steps Down as Chapter and Community Development Coordinator


Dear Colorado Federation Family

As some of you may already know, in early January I will end my time as the Chapter and Community Development Coordinator with the National Federation of the Blind of Colorado. I will begin employment with our National Center doing chapter development across the U.S. 

This will be a bittersweet transition. While the thought of new adventures and exciting challenges has a certain allure, I am sad to leave behind the best work environment I have ever known. My employment with the NFB of Colorado has been an amazing experience full of wonderful mentors, the best co-workers, tremendous learning opportunities, and the kind of support that has given me courage to think outside the box.

I want to say a special thank you to Scott LaBarre and each member of our Board of Directors for giving me a shot. When I came to Colorado I was an unknown commodity. I hope that my work has lived up to your expectations. I am extremely appreciative of our Colorado Center for the Blind staff and students for being so warm and welcoming as they allowed me to share their space. My co-workers Lisa Bonderson and Lorinda Riddle are absolutely irreplaceable! Both of these ladies have taught me a great deal and are huge forces in our affiliate’s growth and development. Colorado is one of the best affiliates in the country and it is because of our tremendous leadership and our dynamic membership. I have enjoyed working with and getting to know each and every one of you. You guys have made my job easy and fun!

I am happy to say that I will not be leaving the state of Colorado. As I move toward new adventures with our National Center for the Blind, I look forward to transitioning into the role as a proud member of the NFB of Colorado. This will allow me to take on new assignments and challenges within our affiliate. At state convention I accepted a board position for our new Sports and Recreation Division and it will be exciting to see what comes next.

Thank you for your love and support as I begin this new chapter. I look forward to continuing the efforts to build the National federation of the Blind of Colorado.

Best Wishes



Jessica Beecham




  

3 comments:

  1. Jessica:
    It is a shame that I have not been more involved in the NFB, but have benefitted from all your communication and our brief discussions. You have shown to be a great leader and masterful communicator.
    I wish you the best in your new challenge.
    André van Hall

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica congratulations! What a good opportunity for you. Glad that you will still be around and involved with NFBCO.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting?I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work. joe rogan wife

    ReplyDelete